Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week 8- Cruise!

I actually only planned 51 stay-at-home dates because we would be on vacation for a whole week.

Back in August Jadae took me to Cleveland for a long weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary Jadae told me sister that he would be taking me on a lunch cruise over Lake Erie.  He remembered that on our 1st anniversary I had expressed a desire to go on a cruise for our 10th., so this was as close as he could get. While we were in Cleveland he had my sister plan a surprise anniversary party and indicated that people were not to bring any gifts.

Well, she listened somewhat. Instead she told people about my dream and if they wanted to they could contribute money to make it a reality. So when we got to the party we both were surprised with the cruise!

Jadae and I went on the Independence of the Seas through Royal Caribbean last week for a 5 night cruise to the East Caribbean. We had ports at  Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti (which is a pennuisula that Royal Caribbean has a lease for 99 years). The weather was wonderful!

We experienced some hiccups on the way there. First I misplaced my license and credit cards after we checked our bags but before we went through security. Talk about your heart sinking! Jadae found them in a side pocket of my personal item. We ended up at the airport several hours early so we went to a pub. I journaled and used my kindle while Jadae enjoyed a cold one. We then went to our gate. They started to board and I realized that I could not find my kindle. So I ran all the way back to the pub to see if I left it there. It was not there! Jadae then called. It was in the same pocket that I had misplaced my cards. I booked it back to board in time!

We went to a show every night and sometimes took in an extra one in the afternoon. There was ice skating shows. A dancing show called, "Invitation to Dance"which was choreographed by... We took a short ballroom dance class and a towel animal folding class. Played putt-putt on the ship. Attempted to boogie board on the wave surfer. Rocked climbed on the upper deck. Enjoyed the hot tub. Ate a lot of food! We really enjoyed ourselves!

 In Jamaica we decided to just go the the Red Strip Beach and enjoy the ocean. We thought about doing another excursion but we wanted to have plenty of time to shop in the souvenir shops. We got Jadae some authentic Jamaican coffee. We also brought some Sangster's Jamaica Rum Cream Liqueur (both original and coconut) which was very yummy.

In Haiti we took a coastal tour of the island in a little boat. So much of Haiti is dependent on tourism. We saw men out fishing in their boats. After they caught their fish they take them home where their their wife cleans it then sales it to provide income for their family.

52 Date Nights in 52 Weeks
Getting out of a rut- The post that explains why I started this journey
1. Week One- (movie) The Bucket List
5. Week 5- Game Night (Chrononauts)
6.  Week 6- Wii Night (Super Mario Maker)
7.

No comments:

Post a Comment